Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Run Down

I had to take yesterday to rest as I got full on whacked upside the head by the cold Biffy was spraying around willy nilly. I was actually feeling okay compared to Sunday night-Monday where I slept the sleep of the feverishly sleepy.

So I apologize for no post, but I would like to share a few things that occurred this weekend:

I awoke late one night to tend to a tiresome cat when I noticed a cheerful orange glow coming from the living room window. How nice, I thought until I walked up to said window and realized that there was a car on fire out in the street in front. Boy, I know how that feels, I thought as I watched until the fire department came to put out the car.

Biffy ran herself a marathon. I rode the wave of the coming runners and tried to reach her at different points. She did real good, she was smiling each time I saw her and didn’t have that look of, “for the love of god, please cut off my fucking legs” that she did last time I watched her run a marathon. On my side of things, I learned how to navigate unfamiliar parts of the city with plenty of marathon cops blocking a variety of routes and realized that early mornings here in the winter will make your toes numb when you are wearing well worn Doc Martin’s.

Mandy asked if I was okay, because according to recent blog entries, I seem to have been in a bad mood. I thought it was sweet of her to ask, but I didn’t think I was in any worse a mood than normal. But I am not always the best to judge these things. This was mere hours before the full force of Winter Cold ’06 was to take me over.

Fever dreams of mountain crossings and spiders. Something to do with gingerbread mushrooms or something… Best not to think too heavily on these things.

The weather folks promised snow and went so far as to panic the public with constant reports of school closures and treacherous, icy conditions on the roads. They never actually said, “stay in your house or you will most likely die”, but you could see it in their eyes. Even though they were only predicting 1-2 inches. And yeah, snow never came.

I’m back to the world y’all, buckle up.


Song Stuck In My Head Right Now: Long Distance Drunk by Modest Mouse

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not "in a bad mood".
You just like to add pepper to the pot as you poor hot chicken broth over the heads of the stupid ones.
You have my full support.

Anonymous said...

Doc Martins are so 1991...

Anonymous said...

Yea.
Very 1991, and you're in Seattle.

Try to keep up.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the last post.

I'm "in a bad mood"
and I've run out of pepper broth.

Anonymous said...

I'm heavy into the idea of being so behind in things that I come full circle into fashion again.

I plan on moving back to San Francisco in 2009 to get in on that dot com thing...

mandy said...

To clarify my concern- it was not that you were ACTING down at that particular moment. The day had its share of ass grabbing and talk of swinging... you seemed perfectly ok... but your entries were a little "half empty"- i dunno about these blog things- maybe blogs are where you come to bitch about things... not that you were bitching... i digress.
but im glad youre a-okay now! :)