Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Lower Case And An Exclamation Point

Chuck came to town from the wastelands of Dallas to celebrate the Seattle chapter of his bachelor party weekend before moving the party train to Vegas. There was drinking, there was laughing, there was the obligatory strip club.

kc! came up for the festivities as he and Chuck have been friends for some insane number of years that would make you wonder how two guys could still stand to even look at each other. One thing to realize is that Chuck and kc! are two of the nicest guys I have ever known.

I have been meaning to write a post, singing the praises of the mighty kc! for awhile now, and getting to see him this weekend reminded me once again. kc! has this amazing exuberance for life and for the things that he loves that is infectious; it’s like avian bird flu, but with less phlegm and more laughing.

kc! gave me my first writing gig, doing snarky film reviews on his now defunct website, a gathering place of some truly astonishing artists that I was humbled to be working with. He has always been this amazing, positive voice of support in my writing endeavors. It was because of him that I started doing this blog and I look forward to the comments he will invariably and consistently write.

I feel honored to have him in my life, and getting to see him for a scant few hours this weekend was like a much needed kc! buzz. He reminds me of being a kid again, completely unashamed at geeking out over what I’m passionate for and seeing the beauty and humor in things that I sometimes forget is there.

If I wasn’t married, and he wasn’t married, I’d totally ask him to go skating with me…
Much love to you brother, it was great seeing you this weekend.

No comments: