Wednesday, March 01, 2006

No Other Place I Wanna Be

Can you feel it?

The sheer excitement, the vibrating and thrusting power of potential that is right now? Right, effing, now!?!

It reminds me of Van Hagar singing Right Now, or Jesus Jones singing Right Here, Right Now. Boy, were those chumps wrong! It's now! Fuck the early 90's!

Now I don't have to tune in to entertainment news to find out what celebrities are splitting up, the local news will tell me. It's like I'm multi tasking! Now cars are so large that a family of four can cruise the outlet stores in more luxurious room than most families in South Africa have to live in. It's finally a given that families cooking their own meals at home is the anomaly to fast food dinners.

Americans rule the country, and soon, I know it, we'll rule the world!

It makes me want to take my self righteous sense of entitlement, demand that McDonald's bring back the McRib, and take my Hummer down to the drive thru for a supersized combo. Then I'm gonna drive out to the heartland, nothing but Jessica Simpson and the same regurgitated (thus easily digested) country artists on my 6 disc CD changer. Hell, it's easier than thinking about what I might like.

On the plus side though, Tom Cruise has stated that he and Katie are definitely not breaking up. I was worried for the baby...


Song Stuck In My Head Right Now: Right Here, Right Now by Jesus Jones. It's my own damn fault...

3 comments:

quel said...

What? I can't believe you left out a reference to Dr. Phil!! Aren't you forgetting to mention your guidance for a happier richer life from Dr. Phil!!? Come on now. :)

Anonymous said...

It's very odd (and I'm certainly not mocking your name in any way), but there is a scabies medicine called "quel", or maybe "quell", and I thought this might be a comment from an old roommate...

Long, weird story - maybe a posting someday.

mandy said...

no mcrib. thats disgusting.
instead they need to bring back the pizza value meals! heaven.