Thursday, April 20, 2006

Ask This...

Do not Ask Jeeves the following question:
If you fill up a swimming pool with tortilla chips, would you be able to walk across it?

You will not get an answer that you like. You will not get an answer that remotely addresses the question you asked.

Secretly, I hold in my brain the idea that there's some outlandish question that, when posed to the Ask Jeeves website, acts as a key to a world of information that has been hidden from all of us. It's like some Masonic or Opus Dei type conspiracy; a large room of web monkeys just waiting for the right question to pass on the knowledge.

If it's below freezing outside and you fart, can someone see a steam cloud come out of your ass, like your breath?

This is also not the question that opens this magical door.

Hold on, I'm making a tight tangent turn here. Can you hear the cyberspace tires squealing? (Again, not the question)

While this not only shows that I have seen The Lost World: Jurassic Park more times than is healthy, but it also has nothing to do with what I have already written today. In The Lost World, Dr. Ian Malcolm (played with ultimate Jeff Goldblum-ity by Jeff Goldblum) once again meets the children that were with him during the first amusement park tragedy. The kids, excited to see him, run down the stairs calling, "Dr. Malcolm!" Okay, these people have been through a major ordeal together where cloned dinosaurs have tried to eat them - EAT THEM. If nothing else is gonna do it, you would think that this little adventure would put these people on a first name basis with each other.

You all be safe out there today, I worry.


Song Stuck In My Head Right Now: **** (Jungle Law) by Love & Rockets

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ask Geeves.
That's funny coming from you, Billy-spell-it-right-or-I'll-curse-your-mother's-name.
Totally makes me want to mindle you.

Anonymous said...

Oops, you're right TP, I'm now going to go back and edit.

I am also going to rant to myself for an hour...

Unknown said...

Will you also put a semi-colon between "today" and "I worry"?

Anonymous said...

no, step off.

Is it weird that I think it's hot when you correct my grammar? Is it weird that I imagine you in thigh high stilleto boots when you do it?

Anonymous said...

I wasn't going to say anything but I saw a few issues too (you will have to find them yourself though!). I figured that you must be drunk at the keyboard or something.

Oh wait...

...maybe it is the day...

yes, I think so...

[checks calendar]

...isn't it a magical number day?

...isn't today the day that we celebrate all things small, delicious and green?

Damn straight... !

It's National Lima Bean Appreciation Day!!!

...BOOOYAH!

Anonymous said...

billy, it would be weird if you didn't.

Anonymous said...

Jeeves retired.
It's just "Ask.com" now.