Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Spring Forward

So we switched our clocks this weekend, and spring rolls in on an hour of missed sleep. C'mon y'all, grab a bottle of Boon's and let's get effing nutty!

Yeah, that's right, I'm gonna write about the time change, shut up! Ironically, I'm also going to mention how tired I am of people talking about the time change; ironic, or jumping on the bandwagon of my own annoyance? Post modern, or masochist? You decide.

I had recently overheard someone complaining about the time change, blaming the farmers for the woes that this clock adjustment has caused them. Their friend said, with one of those pompous and faux-cultured tones, "Actually, the time change originated with the railroads..." I didn't get to hear the end of this as my mind's ear was being ripped apart by my own internal rage voice screaming, "Who the fuck cares!"

Twice a year we have to change the clocks, twice a year, every year. If this causes you a ton of heartache, then you're a whiny bitch and you need to grow the fuck up. The biggest heartache this causes me is trying to remember the magic combination of buttons needed to adjust the time on the stereo. Hour of lost sleep? I've lost more time reading emails telling some story so sweet I nearly fall into a diabetic coma which then asks me to email on to at least seven friends and all my wishes will come true and apparently some little animation doohickey may get emailed back to me. Woo-hoo!

If you forgot to change your clock and then end up late because you never heard the coming warnings, or you don't watch television, or own a calendar, then I bet that's an embarrassment that might get you to be on the ball next year Captain Oblivious.

Finally, the news had an upcoming blurb about "hilarious stories about forgetting the time change". That is hilarious, not mention not remotely newsworthy! I laughed until passed out in a puddle of my own vomit.

Sorry, missing that hour of sleep has really made me a little cranky...

2 comments:

mandy said...

Jenny was a full time student working at McDonalds struggling to get by. She got this chain letter, made a wish and passed it on to her 10 closest friends.

Now she never has to change her clocks.

Pass this on to 10 of YOUR closest friends.

Anonymous said...

The reason I know these wishes never come true... I have consistently wished for never receiving another one of those emails.

I suppose it doesn't help when I forward it to myself...