Saturday, April 08, 2006

Told You Once...

TYO
So we opened the show last night. A few people have asked how it went and I honestly am finding it difficult to know. It's been a busy two weeks of long work hours followed by long rehearsal hours. We have made constant little changes to the show (including last night, an hour before we opened) throughout. On one hand I admire and fully stand behind that drive towards a perfect show, but I have been a little on edge feeling like the final product has not been rehearsed enough for me to just step into it and live.

But, the show went well. There were no major mistakes, it is filled with some fine performances by very talented actors and the audience seemed to enjoy it. It's a sort of surreal and layered show which messes with the idea of narration, story structure and story telling, but the audience (or at least the one guy who approached me after the show) seems to be able to hang with it and laugh.

I honestly think I just need a little separation from the show for a few days, a little rest, such much needed sleep. I do feel good about it though, I'm proud of this show.

P.S. Congratulations to Chuck and Rachel on the wedding! I'm sorry we couldn't be out there in Hawaii with y'all.
P.P.S. The gray and drizzly day today feels so right for some reason.
P.P.P.S. Mark wants to know if he asked you to go with him, would you say yes?
P.P.P.P.S. Write back soon! BFF

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hawaii just wasn't the same without you two there to enjoy it. Although we did do our damnedest to stay drunk and giggly the entire trip.