Saturday, June 17, 2006

Reel Around The Fountain

Reahearsal was down in the Seattle Center last night. The Seattle Center by the way is probably the first place you take friends visiting from out of town; it’s where the Space Needle is, it’s where the Pacific Science Center and its arches are, it’s where the Experience Music Project is, it's where the Fun Forest is.

Fuck yeah, Fun Forest!

There is also the international fountain, a big fountain sort of in the center of things.
fountain
It’s made up of a big metal half sphere in the center of this cone-like crater, as if the fountain crash landed here from space.

When I was walking out, I noticed that the water was shooting towards the sky along to the music being piped into hidden speakers around it. There was fucking fog and everything!

Pearl Jam was up and going when I first got there. Jimi Hendrix next – Purple Haze. I was halfway around the fountain when I realized we were blocked in by strange fencing designed to keep you off the grass and I was going to have to walk all the way around the frigging thing just to get back to where I was.

This is also when the Presidents Of The United States Of America began to play from the speakers, and when I sagely announced, “ah, it’s a Seattle block.” It seemed a bit much to be happening in a center designed to sing the “glories” of Seattle already, but whatever.

Erik guessed that Heart’s Magic Man would be next. I put my money on Nirvana’s Come As You Are, it seemed perfect what with the spurting water everywhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come as you are!! HAHAHAHAHAHA.... AH HAHAHAHAHAHA!