Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sick Again

I know that no one is interested in my lame sickness excuses, nor are they probably interested in hearing the description of sickness - but screw you, I'm writing this blog.

I'll keep it to a minimum: Weird mono-like weariness overtakes your intrepid blog writer come Monday following a marathon of George Romero zombie movies the night before. Realizing that the same is happening Tuesday, Billy sees that his body is attempting to shut down on him, he uses the third person liberally and calls in sick to sleep away yet another day.

I'm back at it today, but feel even more disconnected than I did before - really fuzzy. You ever have that feeling like your malicious and irresponsible roommate (the same one that sings along to REO Speedwagon while he masturbates, loudly) has spiked your beverage with three or four vicodine, and that it's unfortunately one of those rides where you can still feel the various aches and pains - you just care a lot less? Yeah, me too. I realize that I'm not making a whole lot of sense to people I talk to, I realize that it is taking me about 3 times as long to put thoughts together, I just care a lot less.

I was thinking that I'm generally happier with the way my body is currently dealing with sickness. I'm not getting sick as often, nor for as long as I used to. On the walk to work today, Led Zeppelin's Sick Again popped up on the ipod. Coincidence? If I remember correctly, the song is about having sex with underage groupies. Coincidence?

Okay, I guarantee you all I have not been having sex with underage groupies.

Except that one...

So yeah, after this whole work thing (which is going SO GOOD), I'm seeing Built to Spill. I know that the healing force of Doug Martsch and company will set me up just right. Y'hear me Martsch, I need you to pull out the big guns tonight, no fucking around!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, Bill! Get better! (Not just the sickness, but you know... the other thing!) Happy wellness...

Ps. Tell your lovely wife that I really appreciate her posting again too, even if her eyelashes had to be sacrificed to the blogging gods!

Anonymous said...

Sneeeeeesympotheysickinesseeeeeeeze

excuse me!

Anonymous said...

Pps. I am re-posting again too. Catch it before I begin flaking out once more (3 different flavors of nonsense):

http://www.garden2.net/share

and/or

http://www.exkclamation.com

and/or

http://www.feloniusthunk.net

mandy said...

faker.

Anonymous said...

Ppps. Billy, I am so proud that you said "blog".

Anonymous said...

Thanks kc! I like to make you proud once in awhile.

Anonymous said...

Pppps. Do I really visit this blog so much during the day that I comment more often than you post?

Anonymous said...

In connection with the post of today - it's sort like fanboy to a fanboy. Hot in a dangerously obsessive sort of way.

Anonymous said...

I think we just entered some sort of interdimensional fanboy black hole.