Tuesday, December 12, 2006

12 Shopping Days Left

Do you realize that Christmas is right around the corner?

Well, I'm sure that you do, you've always been far more organized than me. I remember that one time I was all, "hey, isn't Doc Robert's birthday next week sometime?" and you whipped out your planner/address book and let me know that I was 2 1/2 months late; plus an extra year as he had died the July prior.

By the way, I’m sorry about that DRo. Hope you were able to kick the nitrous demons in heaven better than you did here.

Seriously though, Christmas is so close to being around the corner that if you were being chased down the street by an angry panther, you may not run smashing into Christmas upon hitting that intersection, but you would definitely see it trundling its tinsel soaked self up the avenue.

I guess that I've just been so hyper-focused elsewhere, primarily on the marriage and subsequent celebrations of Tom and Katie, that the calendar has become this sort of slippery, time warp kind of thing. It is seriously making my mind hurt to meditate on how close Christmas is. All of the cartoon Christmas specials on TV didn't even clue me in.

I think my mind is adjusting to some sort of "dad brain". In trying to adjust to focusing on a child on top of the areas in life I’m already focused on, the brain is sort shutting down a bit. It's sort of like when I started taking a French class in college after a number of years of high school German. The teacher would ask a question in French, I'd translate the question to German in my mind, formulate the answer in German and once again translate, this time to English. It took me twenty minutes to answer "what color is your pencil?”

Actually, this "dad brain" thing is nothing like that story. I apologize.

I’m beginning to think that I may actually be having a very slow stroke. Every time that I pass by a certain area of the work floor, I smell Fruit Loops. And as far as I know, this is not a scent that people are choosing to apply to themselves. But then again, I've heard whispers of rumors that Jessica Simpson, or some other sadly untalented celebrity, has something like this on the market.

Which would make a nice Christmas gift for yours truly.

Like how I brought that full circle?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Reading that was like listening to REALLY reverby reggae music... it is always almost off beat, but somehow manages to all come together. And being ridiculously high certainly helps.

Unknown said...

I'm confused....that was a big circle. You want Fruit Loops perfume for Christmas or an untalented celebrity?

Billy Badgley said...

A little from column A, a little from column B. How about the torso of Carmen Electra and a Sugar Smacks body spray