Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Three Six (And Rising)

Realized something fairly interesting this morning; that even if I were able to relieve myself of lamentable human drama as I have wanted (and having your primary focus be a 4 week old baby really helps in that), I'd miss it a little bit.

I thought of the gentle and sensitive man who taught a room full of ruffian fathers-to-be how to diaper a doll, and how he said that when an infant gets past that near-constant screaming and shrieking stage, you will kind of miss it. I mentally called bullshit at the time, but now I think I kind of get it.

I miss waking up to presents to open, I miss angel food cake and Skate King parties possibly called off for snow. But then I think that I'm okay, and I just want to miss them.

This year I did not wake up with an "ah-ha" moment, with a complete understanding of myself and my place in the world.

Maybe next year.

3 comments:

mandy said...

ive got an ah ha moment for you.

happy birthday you sexy beast you!

Billy Badgley said...

Thanks baby! My ah-ha moment for you would be, take on me - take me on.

Or is that an Ah-Hah moment?

Anonymous said...

NO FREAKING WAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MR. MONKEY!

For a minute there I thought the title was referring to your cock. Then I realized that a three-foot six inch cock would be scary and then i started thinking about a three point six inch cock, then i realized I was thinking about your cock and stopped.

Sorta.

Happy cocktastic birthday, and your present is in the mail with the christmas presents that I am sending... seriously, they are on their way dude. (NO SERIOUSLY MERRY EFFING CHRISTMAS MUTHERFUCKER!)

Sheesh.