Friday, August 18, 2006

Cowinkydink

I've had this weird case of coincidence pile up in the last couple of days. It reminds me of the lead character in I Heart Huckabees searching out the meaning of a coincidence in his life. There is no meaning here, just sort of interesting.

So I got home from dress rehearsal the other night and sat down to watch a little South Park before going to bed. As I've mentioned before, I don't have cable, so I don't see shows like South Park on a regular basis, now that it's syndicated though I catch it from time to time after coming home late from rehearsals. Well on Wednesday night they were showing an episode that I had actually already seen the end of somewhere before. This was a coincidence in itself. But on this particular show were the animated forms of JonBenet Ramsey's parents.

You see where I'm going with this...

I come into work yesterday, and all over the internet news are stories of the apprehension of a suspect in the killing of JonBenet. I know it's wrong, there's that whole book and cover thing, but I looked at the picture of this guy and thought to myself, "ooh, he looks like a total creepy freak". I immediately imagined him in some dilapidated house with a pit in the basement, I imagined him tucking his penis between his legs and dancing to some bad 80's techno song.
karr
John Mark Karr. He could just be some sort of crazy guy who wants a little infamy fix by inserting himself into an unsolved murder. The guy behind him in the picture though... I want a party with this guy. He looks WAY happy, he looks like he's getting ready to tap a piece of that ass while he sings something from The Sound of Music; The Lonely Goatherd song maybe.

But I took a closer look at this Karr guy and suddenly I saw it, an uncomfortable resemblance to 80's techno performer Gary Numan:
numan

OK true, Karr is a little thinner, but they have that same sort of smug, male model pose thing going for them. Gary Numan by the way used to do concerts where he got into this "futuristic" vehicle which scooted robotically across the stage while he sang. I have seen footage of this, and while it may have been the proverbial shiznit back in '81, it looked a little ridiculous when I watched with a grin in '89.

Gary Numan's biggest US hit was a song called Cars. Cars... Karr?

I'm so high right now.


Song Stuck In My Head Right Now: Fill The Void by Oingo Boingo

4 comments:

AGF said...

I think this is one of my favorite blogs that you've written.
Now please excuse me while I go and tuck my penis between my legs and dance to Gary Numan.

Anonymous said...

He puts the lotion in the basket.

Anonymous said...

OK..just want to get this off my chest.
JonBenet=Worst Name Ever!!

mandy said...

i saw a pick of mark carr and instantly thought he looked like a movie villian. he is what you expect the pedophile murderer next door to look like- especially in the particular photo i saw that had perfect movie set lighting.

can you hear the lambs clarise?