Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday Round Up

So, I shuffled home from rehearsal the other night a little downtrodden. While I was fairly sure from the start that I wouldn't get the part from the audition last week, I was realizing how bad I really wanted that part, how much I could just shred it up and how much I really wanted to work with some of the people involved with the show. I overheard that another cast member in the current show had gotten the news that she was cast, and as I had not gotten any reply I would have to assume that it was a negative for me.

I went home and sat on the bed and, admittedly, pouted a little bit. I whined to Biffy about it and was generally feeling sorry for myself. I then tried to move on to the 'oh well' rigmarole that I do when I don't get a part; something more important will come up, it just wasn't meant to be, now I can spend my time learning ice carving...

I went to rehearsal last night, happy as usual to be doing my thing, loving my fellow cast mates, when the director of the show I didn't get came backstage to deliver food to his girlfriend. He said "hi" as he passed and I went back to reading my script. As he came back through, he tapped me on the shoulder, apologized for bothering me while I was trying to rehearse, and asked if I wanted to play the part.

Not some little pick up part they couldn't wrangle someone in to cover, THE part that I wanted.

Did I feel like King Golden Shit? Why yes, yes I did. I'm still damn excited when I stop and think about it.

Also, today is Biffy's birthday. If you see her wandering around the city - as she likes to do - give her a kiss and a spanking. This go around there’s no show happening, no rehearsal tonight, I get to spend the evening with my lady. Happy birthday sweety, you're a beautiful mom-to-be, you're an effing champion, you're my hero. Thanks for the little pep talk the other night even though it turned out it wasn't necessary.

In other news, I would still pay good money to watch Paris Hilton be kicked to death by a unicorn and then have her body ripped to pieces by half-starved ferrets.


Song Stuck In My Head Right Now: Elevate Myself by Grandaddy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to you, Billy.
Love you, Mrs. Mc Billy - happy bday, momma!

And I couldn't agree more about Paris; this very morning I was studying her mug and reflecting on how ugly she truly is.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH!!!

If I was in town, I would carve you up a lifesize sculpture of a Unicorn kicking Paris Hilton to death! NUDE!