Friday, August 11, 2006

There Is A Time To Dance

I get audition notices emailed to me, a lot of them. With these acting auditions are also notices for photo models and stage managers, PA's and dancers. I got a notice a couple weeks back that opened my eyes to performing niche that I did not realize was there.

Christian Hip Hop Dance.

I suppose that it makes sense, it just wasn't something I had ever considered before. And hey, this group which was auditioning dancers, holds many winning titles and are in fact winners of the McDonald's Gospelfest.

Again, unaware that there was a McDonald's Gospelfest. The cynical side of me suggests that it's McDonald's once again vying for that "urban" market, but sometimes one should not listen to my cynical side...

Anyways, some requirements for the Christian Hip Hop Dance auditions:
· Be prepared to show 1 minute of a hip hop dance routine (must be Christian music) - I imagine snazzy cheerleader type routines done to Stryper.
· Be stretched and ready to go. - The words "be stretched" in such close proximity of church activity makes me nervous.
· Be prepared to answer the following question: "Why do you want to be part of a Christian Hip Hop Dance team?" - Because I want to spread the magic and wonder of our savior Jesus' teachings through my talents of both popping and locking.

I did not get a spot on the team...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to break(dance) it to you Billothy, but Stryper is not hip hop. I know that you have been out of "the scene" for decades now, but Geezus Christo!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update kc!, but it did not state hip hop dance to hip hop music... I find it funnier to picture hip hop dancing to Christian metal.

Plus I couldn't pass up a chance for a Stryper reference.

Anonymous said...

Wowsers Bill... Wow! Just Wow! The mental images just won't stop... Wow! I think you just blew my... oh, gosh... yep, my mind is blown.