Thursday, August 31, 2006

Bye Bye Agosto

**This is way delayed, apologies. There has been a Blogger issue with my computer, but I found a back way in - just like with your mom...**

I can't say why, but it doesn't seem like August should have 31 days. It doesn't seem like that kind of month. It sort of feels like there is some great worldwide calendar conspiracy going on - like those who control the dates are messing with my mind. This also means that they've tapped into my memory and changed that "30 days has September" song that I memorized as a child. It's like the rest of the world stating for fact that 4 is not an even number.

It's my licentious past coming to get me. It's that final snap with reality that the steadfast little voice in my head has warned me of all of these years.

But August is ending folks, do you feel it? Do you? And being it's ending on this unexpected sort of Brigadoon day, this 31st that never was before (I don't care what you tell me) it feels momentous for some reason.

I've been feeling all of this change on the air. Not just my change, 'cause there's certainly a lot coming down my way, but everyone seems to be in a state of movement. People are moving, people are going back to school, people are making decisions to change their lifestyles. And yeah, I know, we're always in a constant state of change, but it seems like we struggle to maintain some sort of steady bearing. I have this feeling that people are giving up on that idea, that frustrating and ultimately destructive idea of pushing against that frightening concept of change; we're leaping into the dark with wide smiles, we're letting the river take us for a little while.

Then again, I'm the one who is dead certain that August only has 30 days...

It's Kyle's last day at work today, he's moving to Germany. I'm excited for him, I know there was a lot of worry and deliberation in that decision. And honestly, while it is an exciting one, the idea of moving to a whole other country sort of makes me want to shit my, or someone else’s, pants. Go rock on with your bad self Kyle, go collect some stories, go live your life with passion and fulfillment. I'm gonna miss that smile something awful...

Okay… Vodka, Chambord and blackberry juice? Shaken and poured with a little ice? What do you think? Fruity yes, but I think good fruity...

Thank you Captain Derailer.

Let's all do our best to see August out with a bang shall we? She's been a good month, been there for us. We begin a final push to the close of our show tonight, I'm gonna celebrate August's demise by actorating all over the audience. Can I get a "hell yeah"?

2 comments:

Kelly Bean said...

Hell. Yeah.

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah yeah!

I feel your homie's pain and fun. We just decided, then executed a move ourselves. Except in our case, it wasn't to another country, but rather a completely different planet! ...planet Los Angeles.

We now sit in our 11th floor downtown loft apartment staring at the hot hot sun go down behind rather tall buildings and we actually love it.

Is that possible?