Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Actually, Love

You know what I’m in the mood for?

I’m in the mood to go on up to the 6th floor, walk around with all of the suit clad sales types, smack ‘em on the ass and say, “what’s shaking toots?”

I’m also in the mood to thrash around wildly as security manhandles me out the building, all the while screaming, “Gattica, Gattica!” Mostly in hopes that I can ridicule the guard who admits to liking this shitty movie, or that I can praise the soft-eyed and sensitive one who points out that Al Pacino was actually saying, “Attica, Attica!”

I’m also in the mood to wonder on down to the train tracks after I get up from the sidewalk I’ve been roughly thrown to. I want to hop a train and head off… to Barstow. I would then be in the mood to realize that going to Barstow is a dumb idea and would head on up to convince the conductor that we should go to Olympia so we can visit the old Olympia brewery. He’d say, “shit yeah! I can go for some Oly! It’s the water.” To which I would reply, “yes, it is the water.” I’d smile as I looked out the grit covered engine windows, covering my ears every time the whistle blew to avoid having the train hit a dumbass, and say, “I’m in the mood to get an Oly beer T-shirt”.

I’m also in the mood for tacos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hand to god, i once went on a holy pilgrimage to secure one oly t-shirt. (it was the trip i took directly after leaving DG. funny!) we loaded up the van, drove and drove and drove, and got to tumwater to find the oly brewery no longer makes oly beer. it makes bud. or miller. or something distinctly non-oly. the funny thing is oly is now made in texas. mhmm, texas. so i did not secure an oly t-shirt. i did, however, pee on the lawn outside the brewery. it's the water!

Anonymous said...

After research at work...
Oly and PBR are made in the same location in San Antonio...road trip. wait.. Texas blows.
nevermind

As for your t-shirt. I only found one place that had them, and they only had smalls.

pisser.