Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Schnarper-Harnne's

I have a new schedule, with Saturdays working and with Mondays off. It can be a drag, but whatever, having Mondays off can be cool. I was going to try to be super industrious and post from home yesterday while away from work, but I was neither super nor industrious.

I did however make some homemade chicken stock for the upcoming fall soup bonanza*

What I would have mentioned yesterday, typing comfortably from my couch instead of this fluorescent blighted and wobbly, second hand office chair, would have been a story about my lovelies Chris and Greta who were in town for a whirlwind visit.

Chris and Greta (or C & G if you’re abbreviation minded) are two of my favorite people in the world and are the source of a miasma of partner swapping rumors that seem to follow us around. While we did all get married together, and did subsequently take our honeymoons together, we do not, as a group, swing.

Well me and Chris do, but that story will follow…

We seem to speak our own language, the four of us, which most likely makes others feel uncomfortable and excluded. There is also a comfort level between us that is amazing bordering on obscene. We only got them for one night this trip (Chris has family up in this area that were requesting their presence), but I’ll take whatever I can get.

Drinking was involved, of course, but at some point after midnightish, we all went for a walk to try and wake up some of the sleepier minded in the troop. We walked through the newly opened reservoir park in our neighborhood and fell with a drunken thump on the children’s playground area.

Chris and I pumped those swings in lame, drunken attempts to go over the bar. We also did head first and upside down trips on the spiral slides. I tell you this, because nothing quite beats playing on a swing set after hours. It is something I highly recommend.

Our place always feels a little emptier, a little less filled with love when C & G depart, and this short visit was no exception. And the exits now feel a little harder knowing that they’re not just a 3 hour drive away. But, like a show that just moves you to limits you didn’t know you had, the visit was beautiful even if it was too short.

*For those keeping track of the fall bread/pie/soup marathon, I have now made 2 apple pies (successfully) and a batch of both vegetable and chicken stock that are crying out for homemade soup.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DUDE! You totally work boutique hairdresser and motorcycle shop hours now!! Sweeeet.

Anonymous said...

Based on the impervious laws of the Universe, it is physically impossible to propel oneself all the way around on a swingset without the use of massive rocket engines!

Gosshhh, don't you watch Mythbusters?

Anonymous said...

Those last two posts were absolutely definately not written by me.

Anonymous said...

No, seriously.

Anonymous said...

i fucking knew it.