Saturday, October 22, 2005

Saturday Missive

I’m tired ‘cause I stayed up later than I should have and then one of the cats went on some sort of maniacal binge that involved a lot of climbing and jumping, and then I had to get up before dawn to go to work and I have just chugged a Chai Latte and rubbed my eyes so long and hard that everything looks a little washed out and distorted.

And I’m sweating a little bit.

I have this urge to end every sentence I say to anyone with, “and hilarity ensues”. I have sat within these cubicle walls for nearly seven hours already and I’m feeling a little pent up and aggressive. I have strong urges to pick up something and throw it at people. I mean soft things like this Santa Claus stress relieving squishee thing, and an apple that has slowly been going bad over the last 6 weeks or so, not a stapler or anything. I would hit them with my marksman like aim and yell, “and hilarity ensues!”

I am also starting to get one of those sort of headaches that makes me think of pulsing, alien flesh bursting out of my skull.

Frankly, I just want to go home, read my book and drink a can of Rainier. Shit yeah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting... how just a slight change in schedule (ie: working on a Saturday at the crack of dawn instead of a weekday) can cause such voilent weirdness within the fragile human mind.