Friday, December 02, 2005

Dream Series #4

Another dream series that I have is I call the “travel dream”. The travel dream entails me having to get somewhere (usually by train for some reason), but my luggage is elsewhere, or not everyone in the travel group is present, or I’m running really late, or I have lost my tickets… Essentially, they are very stressful dreams.

My travel dream last night involved me getting on the train (the interior of which looked remarkably like a ferry) a split second before it took off. And as I sat down in the only available seat, inexplicably embarrassed at being the last person on, I realized that I had forgotten to bring my maps and phrase books for the destination. I started to panic a little bit.

And then something happened that I think is rather healthy, I said to myself, “bitch, relax and wing it”. Okay, that wasn’t the precise wording, but the thought was the same. This is when it gets weird…

As soon as I said this to myself, the dream changed to me, my mom and my brother sitting on the side of the road up high on a mountaintop. Baseballs would occasionally fall around us, and my mom would threaten that the next time somebody tossed their ball up here, she was going to do something about it. But she never did. At some point, this kid comes stumbling out of the bushes; they were apparently his baseballs. I realize at this moment that he is the living representation of a parable that I have since forgotten.

The kid and my brother become friends and they watch me take part in this ritual where I slice open slits in each of my toes with a huge Rambo knife. I will then stuff rings into these toe slits. I have apparently done this action many times and it doesn’t hurt, but I wince before I do each toe nonetheless. My brother turns to the baseball kid and says, “He’s slow to do this part, but just wait till he gets going”.

I realized while I was brushing my teeth what this part probably represents…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

VAGINAS?

Anonymous said...

Auditions

Anonymous said...

Auditions for the Vagina Monologues?