Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Trane v. Jolie

I was going to write about Mr. John Coltrane today, but I’m not up to it. I’m going to need to put it off and wait till the words will not fail me. There is a power in Coltrane that I cannot do justice to today…

So instead I’m going to talk about venom lip gloss.

There are some ladies next to me who have put on some lip gloss that is apparently supposed to plump up their lips. It also apparently makes their lips burn while they are being engorged with blood.

I need to pat myself on the back a little bit as I willingly took myself out of the conversation by putting on headphones. I don’t do this for me, I do it because I WILL say something that will be wildly offensive to someone around me. They were saying the words, “my lips are burning” and “oh, it hurts a little bit” and “rub it on my lips” and “engorged with blood”. I do not normally have the wherewithal to censor myself.

This is so unlike me, really. Papa, I’m ascared.

And the interesting/sad/ironic thing is that these ladies were talking about what a skank Angelina Jolie is. And nearly in the same breath, "jolieizing" their lips. Not that emulating her lips will then make them skanks, but... I shake my head in wonder.


Song Stuck In My Head Right Now: Magical Mystery Tour by The Beatles

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you ask them one where would get a product like that?
You know for a friend for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Don't you worry, I've alerady thought of it for a "Stocking Stuffer", if you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Awww... aren't you two such the cute, blog couple!

mandy said...

do you swing?

Anonymous said...

Like being at a playground on Ecstasy